Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Long Ridge Prepares For Opening Day!

   We are just days from opening archery season, and as usual it takes most of us by surprise. It is just this week I recall my archery pro telling me to have my Bear restrung in 2018. So off we raced and it'll be in next week. But then I have to re-sight it all in, and get comfortable out to 35 yards. It won't take long, I assure you that. All tags are printed off and in my wallet! So, the pictures here are
from the latter part of this summer. Game of all sorts is ample. I was worried about the bear population last fall because almost 70 were taken from our SW corner of the state. These summer pictures however assure me that the population is holding it's own. We have big ones, and little ones. Moms with babes. Cranky boars with flat nasty muzzles. Everywhere. They took a lot of fawns...the does above and below look sleek and healthy. There is plenty of forage.

 I am later than usual but getting the food plots done. I hesitate to plow some under because they are being used regularly, so I try to rotate.
 here on the e
East Plot we have tons of deer and a high recruitment of fawns.
 Here goes a little bear. Did not get any Mom or siblings of this cub on this card...
 Far Ridge, and now I know why my camera was tipped over...
 This may buck below has become a handsome boy. Later on that!
 There is nothing pretty about Mother Nature. Here is a large coyote with a fawn in his mouth.

 Here is a yearling bear. The long snout, and German Shepard ears give it away. But it appears healthy...may even be eating something...
 Below is a ragged looking twosome. I would hazard to say I have some 6-8 different bears on cams this summer. Maybe a dozen.


 The fawns that survive all seem well nourished and vigorous.


 A lean looking fox below, but with the exploded squirrel population, I doubt this one is hungry...
 Still another little guy in black.
 And curiosity always reigns...
So, fellow camera folks and hunters. Gear up. It is here, and we are excited for coming hunting camps. Get those bows limbered up and dialed in. Butter up the muzzle loaders and by that time, it will, unbelievably, be cold once again. I can hardly wait! 
Comments and questions welcomed!
jackzeller@myfairpoint.net

1 comment:

  1. That was a big bear that tiopti over your camera ! Amazing picture of the Coyote with the fawn. 6 days till Injections In both Shoulders 😀 nice job on the plots.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...